Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I will follow you into the dark

Yeah...it's Valentine's Day (well, the end of it at least)...and so guess what, I'm going to write about love. Mostly, I just want to dedicate a blog post to the one woman (other than my mother) who has affected my life more than any other.

Ever since I married my wife, I feel like my life has been on a roller coaster of change. From changing my diet, to having two beautiful children, to becoming more eco-friendly, and most recently...rethinking just about everything that's in my current reality. And I can't recall one instance where it has felt like she has tried to force me to make any changes...she merely suggests a new way of thinking or doing...we discuss it...and then typically we act together on it. All along the way learning new and exciting things about ourselves and the world around us.

I'm really clueless as to where I would be today without her. Well...that's not so true. I'm fairly certain I wouldn't be as happy as I am today. For those that don't know my history, I was previously married before my current wife. I was in a relationship where I felt I had been trapped...and I was the one who had trapped myself there. Somehow I convinced myself to escape...and I've never looked back with regret.

Now, one could say that without my previous marriage to reflect upon...that I wouldn't realize how great my relationship is with my current wife. I don't know if that's true or not...but I do believe that I wouldn't be the person I am today without having gone through that experience.

I don't probably thank my wife enough (hell, I don't thank my mother enough either)...or tell her I love her enough...but I'm pretty sure she knows, because she sees how happy I am here.

Thank you for everything, my love...and I know it might seem a little sad, but this song pretty much says it all for me.



Oops...apparently that video's sound goes out partway through (even though it's from the DCFC site..sheesh)...so here's a link to another one, that wouldn't let me embed it.
I Will Follow You Into the Dark

No comments:

Post a Comment