Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Adventures in Amalur


I'm a little overdue for a Kingdoms of Amalur post....and so here's an update on where my character is at. Since I haven't done it already, I figured I would give you a brief introduction to the kind of character I'm playing and where I'm at in the game.

I've travelled through the first area, Dalentarth (I believe there are 5 areas total), finishing up all of the main quests as well as any side quests that I found in that area. I've moved on to the next area, which is actually two different areas, the Plains of Erathell and Detyre. I'm now level 23 (out of a possible 40 levels)...although the early levels usually go much quicker than the later levels.

My character type is currently classified as a Warlock...which means I've specialized in both Finesse (like a rogue/thief) and Sorcery (like a mage/wizard). I've currently placed equal skill points (36/36) in both Finesse and Sorcery...and I utilize skills from both classes pretty regularly. It definitely fits the type of character that I enjoy playing. I can sneak around and stealth-kill whenever I desire...but if I'm taking on a large group, I can still handle them fairly well with my weapons and magic skills. My current weapons of choice are the Faeblades and Chakrams.

Although I'm very happy with the items I've found, at least in regards to the stats...I haven't been very happy with the look of the armor that I've found so far. I'm hoping that the higher level armors will look a little better, but we'll see what comes along. Here's a couple of pictures of me in my current set of armor...both with and without helmet:


I also decided to take some shots without any armor on...which, I will admit, that I like a whole lot better than the armor-look. The graphics team definitely tried to make the female character pretty well "fit"...but hey, if it's a fantasy game, so why not. Here's the front and back shots:


I've actually considered running my character through the game WITHOUT any armor on...just because I prefer that look over the one with the armor. But I just haven't gotten past the stat benefits that the armor provides my character.

I did find one "helm" that I liked...it's an assassin-type of hood. I'm not going to wear it yet, mostly because it doesn't have the stats that I want...but at least it gives me hope for what might be coming up. Here's a pic showing it off:


I know, it does look kind of weird all by itself...but you get the idea at least.

I also wanted to show off my latest set of unique Faeblades...they're called The Salamander's Tail. I'm really liking the look of these...here are a few different shots to show them off:

The Salamander's Tail w/ full buffs
The Salamander's Tail - from back
The Salamander's Tail - from front


Here are some pics of the recent Chakram's that I had (before I replaced them with something a little more powerful). They're called Dragon Eyes...and I really really liked the look of these...so it was very hard to convince myself to switch them out. Here's the pics:

Dragon's Eyes chakrams

Here's a few pics of some other non-unique chakrams that I've been using as well:


And lastly, I wanted to show you some of the shields/talismans that I've picked up recently. I'm posting one shield here, just so I can show you why I've decided to go with the talismans over shields...I'm just not very impressed with their look:




I think that's all for now. I'm going to follow up this post with another Amalur post showing pics of all of the unique weapons (with stats) that I've found so far.

Happy gaming everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment