Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Teeny Tiny Towers


So I figured to go along with the whole video game aspect of my blog...I thought I would do some posts about the different apps I like to play. I carry my iPhone around everywhere with me...and so it's no surprise that if I'm not doing anything else, that I've got my iPhone in hand playing one of the multitude of apps that I have installed on there to keep me constantly preoccupied. 

The first app I'll talk about is the most recent one I started consistently playing. I even got my wife into playing it...and I'm pretty sure she enjoys it as well. It's called Tiny Tower (linked for your viewing pleasure)...and no, it's not an RPG or "guy" type of game. It's really a pretty simple Sim-type of game where you build a single skyscraper tower and manage the people that live there, mostly just by giving them jobs on specific floors. You can choose to turn each new floor that you build into a residence (which adds 5 new residents to the tower) or into a workplace of one of five different types of work (food, service, recreation, retail, and creative). Each workplace can produce three different products...with each product taking anywhere from a few minutes to many hours for your workers to complete and make available to the tower visitors.

For personalization, you can customize and change the outfits of residents/workers in your tower. You can also customize the color of every floor...which is helpful if you're OCD like me and need to have things matching up "just right". You can really spend as little or as much time as you want in the game. While your workers are plugging away at their jobs, an occasional visitor will come to your tower...and you have the opportunity to control the elevator and whisk them up to their requested floor.

Here are some images from my phone showing my game in progress...

 


The game currently is FREE and has a 4+ rating from over 100k raters. You can purchase in-game bucks to do different special things, but you don't really need to purchase any bucks to play the game. But it also doesn't hurt to occasionally support your app-creators by purchasing at least one of the in-game purchases...especially if you really like the game.

The game has certain missions and achievements you can complete, if you like doing those kinds of things. There's not much social aspect to the game, but you can link up with your friends using GameCenter and then help each other complete some of the missions.

You can also share your tower with others...like this...


If you click on the link, you can see the image of my whole tower as it was in my game. If nothing else, you can download the app for free...check it out...and the delete if it's not your thing. That's the great thing about free apps.

Happy gaming everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment