Friday, February 24, 2012

Playing Dad at PlayingDad

So when I created this blog (which has really been less than 3 weeks ago now)...I had no idea where it was going to take me. I wasn't even sure it would last more than one or two blog posts. And I know that maybe I'm still getting ahead of myself...but I just have a really good feeling about this...I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I want to actually be making more posts than I am...but I just don't have the time right now. So here I am, making another update...and I just want to tell everyone that I talk to (both here and in real life) how much I'm enjoying what I'm doing...it just feels great.

With that said, I wanted to share a little bit of good news regarding my blog...but first some back-story. Whenever I started this blog, it took me awhile to work out the name for the blog. My wife and I sat down one day and ran through a bunch of name variations...eventually coming up with the Playing Dad title that you see...it just seemed to fit really well. Of course, the problem was that I didn't actually research on Blogspot (which just happened to be the free blog-site of my choice at the time) which names were acceptable...and of course PlayingDad.blogspot.com was already taken. And not only that, but it was taken by some guy who doesn't even use the blog anymore.

Now...I'm sure there's a ton of similar blog sites out there with similar situations (hell, I have to two other blog-sites that I'm not using). But regardless...I decided to push forward with using Playing Dad...and went with the PlayingAtDad website that I have now. So just yesterday I was chatting with an old friend of mine...and we were talking about my blog and what not...and we started talking about the fact that neither of us were happy that I had to resort to the PlayingAtDad name. Well, without much further discussion, we decided to go ahead and get a new domain name for my site.

Hopefully soon, my blog will no longer be at Blogspot, and will be found at PlayingDad.com (no, don't go there now...it's not set up yet...but soon!). I just need to get all of my old entries converted over and a new blogging template created, and then I should be good to go! I'm pretty excited...it makes this whole blogging thing seem even more like a good thing.

So big thanks to my wife for helping me pick the original name...and big thanks to my friend Joey for encouraging me to get the new domain name. Muchos gracias!! And if anyone is needing any website help or hosting...I have a friend who's great with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment