Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pretty Pictures of Amalur

So I figured I would throw down some of the fantastical imagery that I've been perusing in the video game that I've been playing lately. I don't think these images will really show you all the full experience of the game...but it might give you some idea of what I'm seeing when I play. Feel free to click on any of them to get a larger view of the images.

This first image....although not probably obvious at all...is a door. Just thought I'd throw this one in there to surprise you guys. It just amazes me at some of the detail that they went into:



These next few images are some shots of the local flora. Alchemy is one of the skills you can use in the game, and these are some of plants that you can pick to get ingredients from. It's pretty obvious that the graphic design team was looking for something fantastical in their production, although not pushing it too far so that it felt "impossible":


This is an image of what's referred to in the game as a Lorestone. These are scattered throughout the world...and they grant you some skill bonuses when you find enough of them:


And here's a couple of images of one of the many HUGE logs that you walk through to cross some of the streams. Once again, the details are just amazing:


Here are some images of some of the towns and buildings that you encounter throughout the world. A lot of the imagery reminds me of a cross between the movie Avatar and a video game called World of Warcraft (which some of you may have heard of...since it's probably the most widely played video game right now):



The first major decision I had to make about my character's equipment style was the helmet:


I think it's pretty obvious that the helmet just wasn't working. Luckily there is an option for turning the helmet visualization off while you play...that way I can still wear it to get the bonuses, but not feel completely disgusted by the way my character is looking. You'll also notice in the above pictures that my chest armor is looking pretty shabby...that's because the above pictures are from the early on part of the game...well, it has improved some, but I'm still not happy with it. 

Here are some pictures showing off some of my weaponry. I'm really impressed with some of the unusual weaponry that they decided to use in this game. They still have the normal swords and daggers and big hammers...but they also have other weapons that I don't think I've ever seen in a video game before:
Chakrams (these things are thrown like discs)
Fate-touched Faeblades
Fate-touched Faeblades
Faeblades of Song
Daggers named Claws of Astyl

Daggers named Shine and Shadow

Unfortunately, because I'm playing the game on the Xbox, I have to take pictures of my TV to get an image. And that also means that I probably won't have any video footage up anytime soon...but don't count that out completely...I'm not giving up on that. I really would like to do some video footage...because the action imagery can be even more amazing.

And lastly, here are some images of my magical "shields" or what they are calling talismans...pretty neat visual idea, in my opinion. It's basically a shield for a magic-user type of person:




Hope you enjoyed looking at all of them. If you see anything you like or don't like...let me know by leaving me a comment (it also lets me know that people are alive out there and actually reading my blog...so thanks in advance). Happy gaming everyone.





1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this post. I'm replaying the game right now and painting fan art of it and good references are hard to come by. The Embereyes and Black Cohosh pictures in particular are helpful to me.

    ReplyDelete